2016 MAKCi Exercise Season
February 29th, 2016
On behalf of The World Capital Institute and Teleos, we would like to attract your participation as an expert in the annual consultation that identifies and recognizes the Most Admired Knowledge Cities through the MAKCi Awards in its 2016 edition.
As in previous exercises (see reports and press releases at: http://www.worldcapitalinstitute.org/makci/history, we welcome the expertise of KM/knowledge-based development (KBD) professionals like you to generate the most significant and robust assessment of the multiple and diverse KBD efforts going on in many countries - in some cases more explicitly than others – as knowledge metropolis or city-regions initiatives. You are invited as a member of the panel of 350 experts around the world, to bring your regional, discipline, gender and culture perspectives for a balanced outcome. In order to conduct the survey, the same methodology developed by Teleos for the MAKE Awards has been implemented, carried out in three Rounds with the following activities:
1) Key 2016 MAKCi dates and deadlines:
Round 1: Nominating a City in the 2016 MAKCi exercise.
From Monday, 22nd August to Monday, 12th September, 2016.
Round 2: Voting MAKCi Finalist Cities.
From Wednesday 14th September to Wednesday 21st September 2016.
Round 3: Voting MAKCi Winner Cities.
From Thursday 22nd September to Friday 30th September 2016.
Wrap Up within IKBD Community: Winner Cities announced from 3th October 2016.
Please confirm your registration as a community member and platform user at: http://www.worldcapitalinstitute.org/makciplatform/
If you need further information or access to the MAKCi Platform please contact Dr. Blanca Garcia at: Blancagnava@gmail.com .
3) Submitting a MAKCi Nomination
We encourage nominations of your city or any other cities around the globe you might have special interest to nominate.
Nominations are accepted in MAKCi Nomination Form (Word format), found at the MAKCi Library: http://www.worldcapitalinstitute.org/makciplatform/ (see also Appendix 6 of the Annual MAKCi Report).
All nominations must be uploaded with supporting information (attachments) on the MAKCi platform. The 2016 MAKCi International Advisory board will ensure that all nominations submmitted by deadline have the quality standard to participate in the 2016 MAKCi exercise.
2016 MAKCi EC & IAB
MAKCi is under the World Capital Institute/Teleos organizational umbrella, for whom information exchanged for MAKCi purposes is kept confidential and auditable by the MAKCi Executive Committee and the MAKCi International Advisory Board, whose members are:
Executive Committee EC:
- Javier Carrillo. Centre for Knowledge Systems. ITESM. Mexico.
- Rory Chase- MAKE-Teleos, UK.
- Blanca Garcia. Northern Borderlands Research College (COLEF), Mexico.
WCI/MAKCi International Advisory Board (IAB) -
(confirmed for MAKCi 2016)
- Al-Nuaim, Hana , Professor and VicePresident. Women´s University Campus. King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Batra, Surinder, Professor. IMT. Institute of Management Technology and Founder of CIMI. Ghaziabad, India.
- Bennet, Alex, Senior Consultant on Knowledge-generation and Creativity. Co-founder of Mountain Quest Institute. Marlinton, West Viginia, USA.
- Chatzkel, Jay , KM Senior Consultant. Director & Founder of Progressive Practices. Phoenix. Arizona. USA.
- Fachinelli, Ana Cristina , Associate Professor of Knowledge Value Systems. Universidade de Caxias do Sul, Bento Gonçalves, Brasil. Member of ICKS Network.
- Garner, Cathy , Innovation Senior Consultant at Knowledge Economy Innovations. Manchester, UK.
- Koch, Guenter, Senior Consultant on Intellectual Capital. Execupery, Galerie Koko & Humboldt Cosmos Multiversity, in Vienna, Austria. Founding member of NCP Network.
- Lee, Sang-Ho , Professor of Urban Engineering, Hanbat National University. Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Korea,
- Schiuma, Giovanni, Professor on Innovation and Knowledge Management & Scientific Director of Centre for Value Management, University of Basilicata. Italy. Founding member of IFKAD Network.
- Wang Dong, Clayton, Professor of Management & Director of Economics and Management Department. Harbin Institute of Technology. Shenzhen Graduate School, Shenzhen China.
We look forward to your acceptance to participate. By taking part in this global exercise, you will gain insights from fellow experts, and you will receive an update on 2016 MAKCi exercise findings. Also, we hope you consider attending the 9th Knowledge Cities World Summit in Vienna, Austria (http://www.km-a.net/english/KCWS2016/) where the 2016 MAKCi Winners will be announced, Please note that joint 2016 KCWS conference's full programme are listed on the KMA webpage.
MAKCi Awards Programme Director
The Most Admired Knowledge City Awards – MAKCi is a Teleos and The World Capital Institute joint initiative
Webmaster - Elizabeth Fernandez
Knowledge-based Community Liaison – Dr. Blanca C. Garcia